April 28, 2020 - 11:14am
Starting May 1
- Bishop Michael Barber has given us a dispensation from our obligation to attend Mass during the COVID 19 Shelter in Place Order. Therefore, we are not obligated to receive Communion. Rather, Drive Up Holy Communion is available for those who desire to receive.
- Please stay home if you are a vulnerable member of the community or if you are sick.
- Wear a face covering, as per the Alameda County Health order.
- Participate in the celebration of the liturgy by viewing the livestreamed Mass on our Facebook page.
- Please also try to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation to prepare for Holy Communion. Confession is available Mondays – Saturdays at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Plan to wear appropriate attire to create an environment of reverence.
Drive Up Communion:
- Drive up to the courtyard at St Michael Church and remain in your car. One of our priests will approach your car to offer you the Body of Christ
- You must receive in your hand. On the tongue is not permitted.
- A pyx is available for a suggested donation of $8 to bring the Body of Christ home for those who are sick and elderly in your home. Please go straight to your home. There will be a prayer guide on how to administer Holy Communion to them.
- After receiving Communion, please say a silent prayer in your car for a few moments before leaving the premises.
Those who are elderly or sick or those who cannot drive are invited to call 925-421-4117 to arrange for a priest to bring them the Holy Communion inside a pyx.