The Five First Saturdays Devotion is a request made by Our Lady of Fatima.
The Blessed Mother promised to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all who, as an act of reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, on the first five Saturdays of consecutive months:
- Go to confession
- Receive Holy Communion
- Say five decades of the rosary
- Keep Mary company for fifteen minutes meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the rosary
- The sacramental confession can be received within eight days either before or after the reception of Communion, provided the communicant is in a state of grace for Communion.
- Reception of Holy Communion must take place within twenty hours of the first Saturday. The reception of Communion need not be part of a Mass.
- The fifteen minutes of meditation are in addition to the recitation of the rosary.
First Saturdays at St Michael's
8:30 am - Mass
9:00 am - Anointing of the Sick for those who have a need of the Sacrament.
9:15 am - Procession with the Our Lady of Fatima statue, hymns, Rosary, consecration prayer and closing with a hymn.
9:45 am - Confession