Bring this list to prayer this week:
10. The best way to learn is to teach.
If your own faith education ended years ago, the resources and materials you are exposed to as a catechist will surely refresh and expand your own knowledge.
9. Catechists tell the truth.
The world needs the message of the Gospel and the way to true happiness; as a catechist, you offer a hungry world that sustenance.
8. Sharing the faith is an honor.
It's estimated that fewer than 1 percent of Catholics are catechists.
7. Your own faith will come alive.
As a catechist, you will discover that prayer, liturgy and your own relationship with God will become more vibrant and meaningful.
6. You become an active part of the most active part of your parish.
When you join the catechists in your parish, you enter into a community that will support you on your faith journey, pray for and with you and encourage you in your Catholic way of life.
5. A catechist is a role model.
As a catechist, you get to model behaviors young people might not learn anywhere else.
4. You will be practicing stewardship.
Being a catechist is a way of being a good steward by giving a bit of your most precious resource -- your time.
3. You show your own family that you value religious education.
Taking time out of your life to teach the faith shows your own children, grandchildren, siblings and family members
Is God Calling YOU?
Become a Catechist for the St Michael’s Faith Formation 2018-2019 year!
Please contact Lourdes in the Faith Formation Office at 925-667-4096 or email at Faith@StMichaelLivermore.com