St Michael Cemetery is Hiring
Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services (CFCS) of the Diocese of Oakland is seeking a part time Funeral Assistant. The Funeral Assistant serves families who have made or are making arrangements to provide funeral or cremation services by assisting with carrying out such services and establishing and maintaining effective communication with families, clergy and staff.
St. Michael Cemetery 3885 East Ave, Livermore
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in customer service or related fields requiring direct public contact
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance, good driving record
- Knowledge of modern office methods and technologies.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable viewing deceased persons.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Evening and some weekend work required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must be minimum of 25 years old to meet insurance requirements to drive our vehicles
- Physical agility is required: sitting, standing, walking, bending legs and spine.
- Ability to regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay is $15.34/hr
About the Employer
Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services (CFCS) serves the living in life's most precious moments. Providing funeral, cremation, and cemetery services, CFCS assists in sharing this meaningful experience with family and friends. CFCS is a charitable organization founded in faith and is an open source provider of information for end of life services.
Employment will go to those individuals whose knowledge, training and experience most closely qualifies them for the positions offered without regard to race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or national origin, except where creed, sex or ordination is a bona fide occupational qualification.
Rachael V. Muñoz Family Service Director
CATHOLIC FUNERAL & CEMETERY SERVICES
A Ministry Serving the Diocese of Oakland
Office (925) 455-9696 | Fax (925) 455-1096