Faith Formation Coordinator/Administrator
St. Michael Parish is seeking a part-time Faith Formation Coordinator/Admin responsible for providing a full range of functions for the Religious Education department. Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred. The Faith Formation Coordinator/Admin position will report directly to the Pastoral Associate/DRE.
Within this brief description, Faith Formation Coordinator/Admin is expected to:
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Responsible for coordinating the Sacramental Preparation Program for children.
- Coordinating a Faith Formation-sponsored Mass one Sunday per month.
- Manage safe environment program for all department volunteers to ensure Diocesan compliance.
- Maintain all sacramental and registry records for children and teens receiving Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation.
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system for central department files.
- Oversees an inventory of department and event supplies.
- Lead Faith Formation classes for children and assist as a facilitator in the Confirmation Program.
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive database for the Faith Formation department.
- Responsible for photocopying and/or duplicating materials for department staff and volunteer groups as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, welcoming, and organized office environment for the department.
- Assist with coordinating Faith Formation office volunteers.
- Assist Pastoral Associate/DRE in organizing and maintaining accurate financial records for the department associated with registration, program fees, and donations.
- Any other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Pastoral Associate/DRE.
- A practicing Roman Catholic with an informed understanding of Vatican II and how it applies to the mission of St. Michael Parish.
- 3 Years+ experience in administration/religious education.
- High School graduate, college graduate preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; Efficient with computer and programs such as Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint, publisher along with Parish Data Systems database and Flocknote.
- Detail-oriented, deadline-aware, persistent, helpful, team-minded, and personable.
- Great customer service skills.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
This is a part-time (20 hours), non-exempt position and will not include health benefits. Salary is based upon the Diocesan Scale and depends on qualifications and experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume to GlendaAragon@StMichaelLivermore.com